Supplied by SAFARI® Vinegar
SAFARI® Vinegar is a proudly South African brand and fortunate to be one of the most recognised and trusted brands in South Africa and Africa. Only the freshest and juiciest grapes and apples are selected to go into their products. SA’s world-renowned Cape Winelands are where they source grapes for their wine and grape vinegars. The finest locally grown apples are sourced from the Western Cape’s Elgin area for their apple cider and Cape apple vinegar. All their vinegars are kosher and halaal, and are produced for a variety of tastes, applications and uses:
- Apple cider vinegar: Made from apples, which add a tart and subtle fruity flavour to your cooking. Best for salads, dressings, marinades, condiments and most general vinegar needs. In addition to their general-use core apple cider vinegars, SAFARI offers organic variants that are unfiltered with “the mother”, which contains bacteria and enzymes to promote gut health.
- Grape vinegar: Made from the juice of grapes, known as ‘must’, which carries a lot of the natural flavour and aroma through to the final vinegar product. Grape vinegar has a wonderful flavour and aroma for cooking. It’s the preferred choice to add a depth of flavour to stews and casseroles.
- Spirit vinegar: The most common form of vinegar. Spirit vinegar has a very high acidity, giving it an intense flavour, and is good for pickling and performing many cleaning jobs around the house.
- Malt vinegar: Made from distinctly flavoursome malted barley, malt vinegar is a traditional favourite to pour over fish and chips in the UK – and they’re on to something.
- Rice vinegar: Originated in Japan and made from the sugars found in rice, the aged, filtered final product has a mild, clean and delicate flavour that is an excellent complement to most Asian dishes, especially sushi.
- Wine vinegar: A flavourful type of vinegar with a sweet, less acidic taste is made from either red or white wine, or a blend of the two. SAFARI® wine vinegars are made with only 100% organic grapes, and are perfect for adding depth of flavour to salad dressings and marinades. As with the wines themselves, our white wine vinegar pairs perfectly with chicken and fish while our red wine vinegar is a great accompaniment to meat and roasted vegetables.
- Balsamic vinegar: Balsamic vinegar is one of the most popular types of vinegar. Traditional balsamic vinegar, such as SAFARI’s double gold award-winning Cape balsamic, is made with grapes and boiled down until it is thick, sweet and dark, and aged slowly to increase its flavour. SAFARI also offers unique balsamic variants such as Rosa, a lighter balsamic with a more delicate flavour, as well as gold award-winning Cape Apple, a balsamic made with apples from the Elgin area. All our balsamic vinegars are locally produced in the Western Cape.
- Balsamic glaze: Made by reducing our award-winning balsamic vinegars until very thick and sweet. SAFARI® balsamic glazes are available in a range of unique flavours including Cape Apple and Sweet Pepper. The perfect finishing touch, balsamic glaze can be drizzled onto salads, cheeses, pizza, meat, chicken and more!
- Dip & Dress: Vinaigrettes are usually used as salad dressings, but can be used to dress roasted vegetables, as a dip for crunchy bread, and as a marinade for meat, chicken or fish. Our vinaigrettes contain 30% SAFARI® award-winning vinegars and are true vinaigrettes unlike many others that consist mainly of water.
Visit www.vinegar.co.za for more product information or follow Safari Vinegar on Facebook and Instagram.
Leave a Reply