It’s been a fabulous Easter hols with chocolate covered days
and some rainy weather to forge compulsory seconds at each steaming meal.
We ate, drank and cooked and ate some more. The kids ran
around on Easter bunny energy and went to sleep with sticky fingers and
It was wonderful, but I feel that post-holiday fatigue, a
little tight in the pants and no more roast potatoes please!
It’s time for some nummy healthy food filled with comforting
nutrition and things that don’t require lard or a slow-roast.
- Pea and chorizo soup – a spiced up version of the old classic pea and ham.
- Chicken with tomato and black olives – pop on some rice to serve with this delicious dish.
- Potato curry – a lovely vegetarian dish that’s quick and spicy.
- Butternut and sun-dried tomato pasta – add bacon for a great comforting and easy dish.
- Warm vegetable salad – so healthy and simply delicious.
- Tikka fish kebabs – spiced and gorgeous fish on a stick.
And for pud, what could be more delicious than shortbread fingers dipped in Nutella?