It’s always a fun exercise for me to look back on Food24’s year in recipes. We’ve published nearly 2000 new ones since January. A few of my favourites include these 40-second microwave yoghurt cheesecakes, butternut and miso parcels for the braai and Dianne Bibby’s decadent chocolate and pear malva pudding with hazelnut cookie crumble, but today we’re shining a spotlight on ones that got the most clicks. So as we round off the year, take a look at the recipes you, our audience, loved the most!
1. Peppermint Crisp tart – this one always comes out at number one and it’s not surprising why!
2. Fall-of-the-bone oxtail – comfort food at its finest. Food24 readers love oxtail!
3. 10-minute pan-fried Greek chicken breasts – the easiest midweek meal you could ever ask for.
4. Sticky malva pudding – another classic SA favourite sneaks onto the list.
5. Homemade rotis – this recipe is a real winner.
6. Traditional meringue pie – as you can see, our audience loves desserts.
7. Crunchies – bakers adore this recipe for its simplicity and deliciousness.
8. Simple pancakes – need we say more?
9. Curried pickled fish – this Cape Malay favourite gets viewed the most during the week before Good Friday.
10. Fudgy chocolate and Marie Biscuit squares – no baking required.