We know you guys absolutely love cooking or baking up a storm and this August many of you drew some inspiration from Food24’s gigantic list of recipes. Based on the stats, these are our top 10 recipes for the month!
1. When it comes to most-loved South African desserts, there is always tight competition between milk tart and this delicious Peppermint Crisp tart. We can see why it’s a favourite; not only is it easy to make, but it’s a delicious treat too.
2. During the cold Winter months, nothing beats a warm melt-in-your-mouth dessert. This sticky malva pudding topped our trending recipe list and was a favourite choice amongst many.
3. Who doesn’t enjoy a deliciously tasty pasta dish? If you’re looking for a comforting pasta, then you will definitely want to try this creamy tagliatelle with bacon and mushrooms. It comes highly recommended!
4. The great thing about cooking chicken breasts is that there are so many ways to liven them up. These 10-minute Greek style chicken breasts are just another way to add some spice to your meal!
5. These days you can easily just purchase ready-made pancakes from the store, but there is something delicious about whipping up your own stack. These simple pancakes are great for breakfast or brunch!
6. A good gravy goes well with just about anything! This flourless gravy (read: Banting-friendly) could be poured over your favourite roast or even steamed veggies.
7. We recently celebrated National Lemon Meringue Pie Day so it makes sense that many of you wanted to try your hand at baking this traditional lemon meringue pie.
8. This is the perfect Winter dish, what’s not to love about a meaty stewy meal! Braised red wine oxtail goes down well with some white rice or a side of mashed potato! Delish!
9. We’re sure many of you were looking for a great tea-time treat, because this vanilla chiffon and custard cake was one of the few recipes that made our top 10!
10. Also a favourite are these amasi and cheese scones – they’re quick and easy to bake and are delicious as breakfast treats, lunchbox snacks or as something to enjoy when you have the munchies.
Let us know in the comments below, which of these you enjoyed making!
Leave a Reply