Don’t make these mistakes in the kitchen: Food24’s ultimate list of cooking crimes
Brought you by CBS Reality
If you’re working in the kitchen, you could be making some of these crucial cooking mistakes. Read our list before Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown find you guilty.
Objection, your honour!
- 7 Mistakes we all make in the kitchen – yes, even you
We don’t know who needs to hear this but please stop opening the oven to check on your cake.
- 8 Things you are doing wrong when cooking rice
Top tip: always measure your rice and water.
- 4 mistakes to avoid when making homemade pasta
Nothing beats fresh pasta, so read these tips before you get started on your spaghetti.
- You’ve been eating your sushi wrong – this Japanese chef shows you how it’s done
- 10 Mistakes that you are making right now with your scrambled eggs
This simple dish will be even better once you’ve mastered these 10 points.
- Cake not rising? You might be making one of these common mistakes
Did you forget to add the baking powder?
- 6 Things you’re doing wrong with olive oil
Insider knowledge: buy local and enjoy top quality for much less.
- How to master the art of roasting a chicken
A great little tip is to place your chicken with the thigh-side facing inwards. This is because ovens tend to be hotter at the back, so the thighs (which tend to take a little longer to cook than the breasts) can cook at a speed more in line with the breasts, which run the risk of overcooking and drying out.
- 3 Mistakes we’re making when cooking curry at home – according to Reza Mahammad
Some great tips from the Spice Prince himself!
- WATCH: 5 of the most common mistakes people make when cooking pancakes
Everyone loves pancakes! Make sure yours are the best.
- Hosting a braai this weekend? Don’t make these 8 common mistakes
Genius tip: chat with your neighbours to help smooth over any tensions.
The court in session
Catch double-bills of Judge Judy followed by a double dose of Judge Joe Brown
Weekdays from 10:20 and 20:20 on CBS Reality on DStv 132.