Chef studies made easy
The Modular Programme will be launched at the Capsicum Culinary Studio, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth campuses. This Programme allows prospective Chefs to study at their own pace.
After completion of the Programme, students will write an International City & Guilds Examination.
How does it work?
• Enrol and pay for one module at a time
• Tuition sessions are available for practical, theory / administration
• Students to attend practical classes at the campuses on Saturday morning
• Kitchen and tutor/academic sessions to suit your own schedule
• Complete all 5 modules in your own time
• Write a City & Guilds Culinary Arts Programme examination, once modules have been completed
Modules that need to be completed for your City & Guilds examination:
1. Safety at Work, Food Safety and Basic Kitchen Procedure (compulsory)
2. Nutrition and Cold Food Preparation
3. Cooking Methods: Baking, Grilling, Roasting, Braising and Stewing
4. Cooking Methods: Poaching, Boiling, Steaming and Frying
5. Introduction to the Hospitality Sector
Students will be able to complete the modules in any order after the successful completion of Module 1.
Capsicum Culinary Studio
Capsicum Culinary Studio is Southern Africa’s leading professional Chef Education and Training Institution where we recognise the individuality of each student and encourage you to choose the programme that suits your particular needs and interests best.
Our highly skilled, industry trained and experienced lecturers will focus on assisting you to attain the exact outcomes of your training programme, whilst preparing you for a successful career in the culinary industry anywhere in the world.
Capsicum lecturers follow an internationally accredited curriculum (City & Guilds) that will give you a definite edge when applying for jobs in the future.
For more information contact Capsicum Culinary Studio on 021 442 0600 or email@example.com