The mid-year school holidays are upon us and if you’re a parent that finds it a challenge to keep your kids entertained, we’re here to lend a hand – because who doesn’t enjoy time in the kitchen baking something delicious? Plus there’s the obvious advantage of getting to eat everything afterwards!
Here’s our list of the most drool-worthy and kid-friendly recipes on Food24.
Start preheating your oven and gather your mixing bowls; there’s lip-smacking fare ahead!
1. Fudgy chocolate and Marie Biscuit squares
2. Raw peanut butter date bars
5. Cranberry seed and oat crunchies
7. Salted caramel thumbprint cookies
8. Banana bread
10. Mini Marmite, cheese and corn quiches
11. Nutty tartlets
12. 40-Second microwave yoghurt cheesecakes
14. Funfetti shortbread biscuits
17. Marshmallow log chocolate éclairs
19. Toblerone and dark chocolate biscotti
20. Chocolate and caramel crumble squares
Recipes that even kids can make
Have you ever watched reality cooking shows like Junior MasterChef, Man vs Child or Kids Baking Championship? It’s quite incredible what an 11 year old can cook! I mean braised beef cheek ravioli with puréed asparagus and fennel gratin?! Hell’s bells. These kids mean business.
Leave a Reply