Find your recipes and restaurants here

Cow farts set off a farm fire

Cow farts turned into a fire on a German farm.

by: Xandri Redelinghuys | 28 Jan 2014
cows farts explosions

(Reuters) - Methane gas, a result  from the colons of 90 flatulent cows, caused an explosion in a farm shed in the central town of Rasdorf, Germany, on Monday.

Luckily only the roof was damaged and 1 of the animals had suffered minor burn injuries for which it has been treated.

The explosion erupted after high levels of this particular gas had built up in the farm structure, when 'a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames,' the police said in a statement.

Original article on Reuters.
Reporting by Erik Kirschbaum; Editing by Andrew Heavens.

Do share your thoughts on this colon calamity.


NEXT ON FOOD24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.