A Father’s Day braai lunch is a great way to celebrate the important man in your life. Here are 10 delicious and original vegetable sides to complement any braaied meat. Remember to use McCain’s frozen vegetable range to save on prep time so you can spend more time with Dad.
- Baked spinach and cheese stuffed gem squash
Give McCain Garden Spinach a makeover. Plus you can cook this in the oven, saving valuable space on the braai.
- Atchar carrot salad with masala peanuts
Crunchy, sweet and a little spicy – this salad has it all!
- Braaied butternut and miso parcels
Using some tinfoil, you can cook these delicious butternuts with almost no effort. Garnish with fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
- Apple, almond and celery salad
This easy slaw will bring a fresh crunch to your plate. Use another crumbly cheese like feta if you don’t like blue cheese.
- Tandoori BBQ cauliflower wings
Dip cooked McCain Cauliflower Florets in a tangy BBQ sauce for a snack that is packed with flavour that you can enjoy while you wait for lunch.
- Baked sweet potato with three-cheese sauce and spinach
Here’s another delicious side dish you can prepare in the oven.
- Roast beetroot and green bean salad
What is a braai without a beetroot salad? Try this fresh approach this Father’s Day. Use McCain Diced Beetroot and McCain Green Beans to make it in a flash!
- Zola Nene’s roast butternut and cashew salad
This simple salad is a lovely hearty addition on a wintry Father’s Day. Don’t have butternut? Use McCain Pumpkin Chunks instead.
- Apple and lettuce salad with bacon
Who says you can’t add bacon to your salad?