Many people have the assumption that chicken is a boring option when choosing meat for dinner. And yes – it can be if there’s nothing done to it. No fresh herbs? No spices? No seasoning? This often just results in a dry, rubbery, bland piece of protein that struggles to make its way down your gullet.
Here are 7 vibrant chicken recipes that are easy to prepare and are ready in a jiff.
1. Asian chicken salad – adorned with fragrant herbs, a smidge of chilli and crunchy cashew nuts for texture.
2. Chicken, quinoa and courgette salad – this salad is quick and healthy to boot!
3. Gourmet grilled chicken breast – perfect when you’re cooking for one.
4. Shredded chicken, strawberry and Gorgonzola pitas – strong, contrasting flavours turn this simple meal into a showstopper!
5. Chicken broccoli soup with minted Mozzarella ciabatta toasts – make this when the weather turns chilly.
6. Sundried tomato, pesto and chicken pasta – the first mouthful will take you straight to Italy.
7. Chicken mayo cheese melts – like a grilled cheese sandwich, only better!
8. Peanut sesame chicken – a comforting bowl of rice noodles enhanced with Thai peanut chicken.
Time to dust off that jaffle iron and make the most of your leftovers
A jaffle iron is as iconic to South Africa as chutney or rusks (even though it apparently originated in Australia, according to australianfoodtimeline.com ). What was your first introduction to a jaffle? Perhaps it was in your grandmother’s kitchen during school holidays when ingredients were minimal but were required to be stretched.
To receive quick and convenient weekday recipes, join our Easy Weekday Meals mailing list, and for up-to-date trending food, restaurant and wine news subscribe to our Editor’s Weekly newsletter.
Leave a Reply