There’s little things more comforting than a cup of coffee and some peanut butter on toast. Old or young, human or dog, if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s our love for this nutty, protein-packed treat.
If you’re still exclusively reserving your jar for PB sandwiches, we’ve got bad news for you – you’re missing out. Big time! Here are 6 peanut butter laden recipes that will blow your hair back.
Recipes are not where the fun ends though, here are seven ways in which can use peanut butter to make your life easier.
1. You know how annoying it is when you’re eating your favourite ice cream from a deliciously gold and crispy cone and your ice cream starts dripping from the tiny hole at the bottom of the cone? Well, there’s a hack for that! Add a spoonful to the bottom of the cone before you top it with ice cream and Bob’s your uncle!
(Image: Markus Spiske Unsplash)
2. If you’ve ever attempted picking gum out of your hair and later resorted to cutting it, you’ll regret not knowing this earlier – peanut butter will save your hair. Cover the affected area with peanut butter, wait a few minutes and easily remove the gum.
3. Out of wood polish and desperately want to get rid of scratches? Cover the scratches with some PB, leave it on for roughly an hour, then wipe and buff.
4. Squeaky doors can be really irritating! Silence them by rubbing a little peanut butter on the culprit hinge and all will be well again.
(Image: Philipp Berndt Unsplash)
5. It turns out that fish are more more like humans than you’d think – they can’t get enough of it either! Spare a piece of your PB sandwich and use this as bait.
5. It’s no secret that soap and water isn’t that effective when cleaning glue off hands and we know that gluey hands after a crafty session is enough to want to peel your skin off. Ouch! Luckily the oils found in peanut butter do a good job with getting the glue off. Rub onto hands and then rinse with water. Voila!
(Image: Khara Woods Unsplash)
6. Can you keep track of all the “remedies” you’ve tried (and failed) in an effort to still your hiccups? Have you tried eating a spoonful peanut better yet? If so then you’ll know it works and you’ll never battle to get rid of the hics again, as long as you have some peanut butter.
7. You should know that chocolate is deadly for dogs but fortunately peanut butter isn’t. If you’re ever faced with a picky pooch who refuses to eat his/her Vitamin supplements, disguise it with peanut butter.
(Image: Liege Belgium Unsplash)
FUN FACT: Did you know that the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth is called arachibutyrophobia?