Spice up your festive season feasting with 7 easy-to-make appetisers and starters.
1. Camembert with figs and honey – Creamy, sweet, and savoury this starter has only a 5 minute prep time, but is always a crowd pleaser. While this is heating up on the braai, toast a soft roll of ciabatta right alongside the Camembert.
2. Parma ham, pear and blue cheese wraps – In less than 15 minutes you can craft impressive chic starters bursting with light and Summery flavours. Arrange ahead of time and drizzle over some olive oil just before serving.
3. Mushroom party caps – In less than a half hour you’ve got finger food filled mushrooms oozing with cheese, topped with buttery pine nuts.
4. Rainbow trout terrine – Layers of beautiful pink elegance that can be spread onto crackers or freshly baked French bread. You can make this dish well ahead of time and garnish with fennel right before serving.
5. Easy bacon chilli poppers – Wrap bacon around almost anything and it’s going to be pretty tasty, add the contrast of spicy jalapenos and stuff them with cheese and it’ll undoubtedly be a Merry Christmas indeed. Make extra. Trust us!
7. Spicy lamb meatballs – A little something that’s hearty. Serve warm or at room temperature with a creamy dipping sauce.