The Easter weekend is a great time to spend at home and indulge in some traditional Easter treats with your family. As much as we enjoy all things chocolate here at FOOD24, there’s just something special about biting into a toasted Hot cross bun slathered with salted butter- so that it melts and drips into the spicy dough. Don’t even get us started on the aromas!
If you are an enthusiastic baker and plan to get busy in the kitchen this week, we urge you to try one of these Hot cross bun recipes that will have your friends and family in awe.
1. Chai tea hot cross buns – these fragrant little buns are perfect for breakfast or a light snack.
2. Choc-chip hot cross bun loaves – with tasty choc chips.
3. Mini hot cross bun doughnuts – deliciously sugary mini bun doughnuts.
4. Low-carb hot cross buns – low-carb, grain-free hot cross buns for Banters.
5. Bun and butter pudding – a great way to use leftover hot cross buns.
6. Spicy milk stout fruit buns – these delicious and spicy fruit buns are made with milk stout beer.
7. Bread and butter pudding with hot cross buns – give your bread and butter pudding an overhaul with hot cross buns!
8. Gluten-free hot cross buns – because everyone should be able to enjoy these treats during the holidays!