Planning a braai this weekend? While you may be dreaming of that gorgeous piece of steak you’re going to marinate or the chops you’ve just picked up from the butcher, have you given any thought to the pre-braai eats that your guests will inevitably be seeking out?
It’s fine to have a packet of the same old Lays crisps but maybe it’s time to up-level your snack game this year. Make a bit of an effort, you know? Food24 to the rescue…
We’ve rounded up a few of our favourite recipes for some snackspiration.
1. Coconut and Parmesan crumbed mushrooms – these are moreish and deliciously crispy. Plus – they’re perfect for any Banters on your gest list.
2. Baked biltong squares – because… biltong!
3. Caprese salad skewers – Vegetarian finger food is always a winner.
4. Low carb savoury biscuits – Another Banter’s delight. These little bites are served with a tomato crème fraiche dip.
5. Mieliepap dhaltjies – The effort of deep-frying these little morsels is totally worth it. In fact – make a double batch!
6. Parmesan crusted courgette chips – A nutritious mouthful never hurt anyone.
7. Beetroot dip with salt and pepper seed crackers – Aesthetically speaking, this just takes the cake so be sure to have your phone nearby to take a shot for Insty.
ALSO READ: Secret sauce – Food24’s best braai marinades
Main image via Getty Images