(Images: @fumerie486 Instagram | @celebr8everything Instagram)
Warm weather comes with the promise of sunny trips to the beach, hot nights outside under the dancing stars, ice cold popsicles and Summer parties!
READ ALSO: 15 Swoon-worthy table setting ideas for Christmas 2016
Everything just gets better in Summer, the days are longer, the weather is heavenly and a major bonus is that you can now have outdoor or semi-outdoor parties. When hosting a summer party (or any party for that matter) it’s always fun to try out new ideas that will ensure that you are the coolest host on the block who will have have your guests excited and enjoying the party.
READ ALSO: 15 Awesome recipes to beat the Summer heat
We’ve rounded up a few ideas that will easily take your party from a 6 to a 10!
1. Keeping your drinks as cold as possible should be one of the main priorities – add a quirky detail to the celebration and make your own beer barrow. We can’t think of a better way to use your wheel barrow to its full potential!
2. Popsicles are one of Summer’s most precious gifts and they shouldn’t be reserved to be enjoyed only at kiddies parties. Get creative and enjoy your wine in the form of a popsicle. Make your mixture as per normal, simply substitute some of the liquids for liquor.
READ ALSO: Make your own berry popsicles
3. Take some of the pressure off yourself and make a DIY dessert bar. Your guests will then have the opportunity to make their own desserts and they’ll be able to choose their own ingredients. Think different kinds of ice cream, toppings (like sprinkles, sweets, fudge, sauces, chocolate), brownies, cream, bite-size fruit, a chocolate fountain, candy floss, marshmallows, cones etc.
4. For an informal get together, a “build your own burger station” would also be great fun.
5. Do something different – when you’ve had enough of “normal” parties be spontaneous and and do things with a different angle. Have a casual meal – substitute chairs for comfy pillows on the floor and get a low table.
6. Mason jars are your friends! There are numerous ways to use them…
READ ALSO: 11 clever foodie ways to re-use mason jars
Mix some of your own make-ahead cocktails.
7. Make some festive party favours for your guests
8. Light a candle inside and use it as a lantern.
Leave a Reply