SA celebrity TV chef, Eat Out restaurant editor and all-round legendary human, Zola Nene, has written a new cookbook called “Simply Zola” and we couldn’t be more excited. If you loved her first book, “Simply Delicious”, then you are going to adore all her new recipes!
“This book chronicles my food journey thus far – how it started and what has shaped me into the chef I am today”, says the bubbly and vivacious chef.
We are lucky to be able to share 4 recipes from the book to entice you! Warning: drooling may occur.
1. Breakfast burger – inspired by a full English breakfast. “Instead of having the individual components of a traditional English breakfast served on a plate, I’ve put it all inside and between two English muffins (or burger buns if you prefer) for the ultimate breakfast burger.”
2. Braaied corn, courgette and spinach salad – “this serves 4 as a main course or 6 as a side dish or starter.”
3. Chicken and butternut pan roast – “I sometimes substitute butternut for sweet potatoes in this dish and it
works really well. Roasting the veggies intensifies their sweetness.”
4. Prawn,lemon and chilli linguini – “pasta is something I always have in my cupboard and I often have prawns and peas in my freezer, so this is a great dish when friends or family invite themselves for dinner during the week. Yet it’s as easy to make for a crowd as it is to make for one.”
5. Microwave coffee cake – “dessert for one can be quite tricky to pull off, especially when all you crave is a piece of cake. It doesn’t make any sense to put the oven on and bake an entire cake just for yourself, so this mug cake is just the thing. Mix everything in the bowl, blast in the microwave and that sweet craving is taken care of … until the next time.”
Recipe extracts from ‘Simply Zola’ by Zola Nene, published by Penguin Random House. The book retails for R290.
10 Gorgeous gourmet recipes from South African chefs
Cook like a pro in the comfort of your own home with 10 gourmet recipes from these South African chefs. (image: iStock) ALSO READ: People are sometimes confused about why malva pudding contains this surprising ingredient Don’t let a recipe intimidate you, you don’t have to attend culinary school to be able to whip up a fabulous dinner meal.
Leave a Reply