As much as we adore a giant Mexican omelette or a crispy bacon and egg pie for breakfast, somehow it’s difficult to get down when the temperatures are high. It just feels like too much effort and doesn’t taste as good as usual. Anyone with us?
One way we’ve managed to cool down in the mornings is by cracking open a super chilled cold brew coffee – so refreshing! The other way is to whip up a cold breakfast.
Have a look at some of the ‘not-hot’ breakfasts for sweltering Summer days…
1. Quick Bircher muesli – this requires just a bit of pre-preparation but is totally worth it.
2. Avocado and berry smoothie – a wonderful low carb high fat option that will keep you full for hours.
3. Granola bars – Make these in advance and keep in an airtight container for those busy days.
4. Fresh fruit in ginger syrup – serve with your favourite flavour of yoghurt. Better yet – pop the yoghurt in the freezer the night before and you’ll have your own froyo in the morning!
5. Chocolate and cinnamon chia puddings – the name of this is misleading because the ingredients actually include good-for-you superfoods.