20 ways to make magic with meatballs!
The popularity of meatballs has been suffering a bit lately because of their association with carbs. You immediately picture them sitting atop a steamy bowl of spaghetti – or some creamy mashed potatoes. Yum!
Here is our list of top 20 meatball recipes. Enjoy!
1. Boerewors meatballs with a tomato and basil sauce – meatballs with a South African twist.
2. Ostrich meatballs in a spicy plum sauce – for the more health conscious.
3. Zucchini spaghetti and lean beef meatballs – a tasty low-carb alternative.
4. Moroccan meatballs in tomato sauce – a bit of North African flavour.
5. Feta cheese meatballs – could anything sound more delicious?
6. Lentil frikkadels – for the meat-free option.
7. Tomato and lentil soup with spicy meatballs – a meaty, spicy soup that makes a filling meal.
8. Meatballs and mashed potatoes – the ultimate comfort food!
9. Italian-style pork meatballs – a tasty alternative to beef.
10. Thai pork meatballs – served on lemongrass skewers.
11. Vietnamese chilli meatball soup – a fantastic Asian recipe.
12. Cheesy meatballs baked in tomato sauce – embrace your inner Italian.
13. Mexican meatball and bean chowder – filling and satisfying.
14. Mini meatballs with spaghetti – just the way your mom used to make it.
15. The very best meatballs – a recipe from former Food24 editor Caro de Waal.
16. Asian lamb meatballs – soft, tender and saucy!
17. Curried meatballs – we can guarantee you will make these again and again!
18. Spicy lamb meatballs – perfect for tapas or a starter.
19. Malay meatballs – packed with flavour.
20. Greek meatballs with tomato linguini – made with lamb mince and feta.
Do you have any favourite meatball recipes or tips you would like to share? Please comment below.