16 recipes that will make you fall in love with courgettes
Courgettes (also known as zucchini or baby marrow) are one of my favourite vegetables. They are quick to cook, have a brilliant bright green colour and are full of water and potassium which helps to control your blood pressure.
I love them blitzed up into a soup but the wonderful thing is that you can cook courgettes in a multitude of ways and because their flavour is not overpowering, you can pair them with pretty much anything!
Here are 16 recipes to get you started…
1. Lemony roast courgette and chickpea salad – a light salad that is great to have as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish.
2. Roasted courgette, corn and almonds with smashed avo – so many wonderful textures in this dish!
3. Parmesan-crusted courgette chips – your canapé party isn’t complete without them, served with their sidekick of an avocado and horseradish dipping sauce.
4. Chickpea fritters with marinated courgettes – another sexy canapé/snack idea.
5. Spaghetti with chicken, mushrooms and courgette – looking for an easy midweek meal? This is it.
6. Courgette, pea and mint fritters – bursting with the flavours of Summer!
7. Courgette and sundried tomato couscous salad – make this for utter desk lunch success!
8. Courgette and mint bruschetta – fancy schmancy toasted bread with a courgette topping that makes a perfect snack.
9. Chocolate chip cookies with courgettes – for the adventurous bakers who love to mix things up a bit. No one will know your cookies are made with vegetables!
10. Stuffed courgette blossoms – elegance on a plate.
11. Courgette, pea and artichoke risotto – make this the next time you need a comforting food hug.
12. Pesto and courgette tart – heading to a potluck? this will be a hit.
13. Grilled courgette with yoghurt dressing – the side dish of all side dishes. A must-make this Summer!
14. Ostrich kebabs with courgette tzatziki – weekend braai food sorted!
15. Low carb courgette casserole – Tim Noakes would be proud.
16. Courgette spaghetti and meatballs – This will be a weekly staple in any Banter’s house.
Leave a Reply