Fried, mashed, boiled and even in their jackets – who doesn’t love potatoes? If you’re planning a meal, sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect starchy side dish. Well, we have potato bakes, chips, wedges and even salads to round out your home-cooked feast.
2. Biltong and braaied potato salad
Could this be the ultimate braai salad? It very well could be.
3. Polenta-parmesan roast potatoes
If you love crispy roast potatoes, you should try this recipe that calls for a dusting of polenta.
4. Sweet-potato wedges
These crispy wedges are perfect for scooping up a creamy mayo sauce.
5. The ultimate crispy roast potatoes
Chef Sam Linsell wrote a step-by-step guide to perfecting roast potatoes – this article is a real lifesaver!
6. Creamy mushroom-and-potato bake
A tin of cream of mushroom soup makes this potato bake rich and creamy!
7. Spinach and sweet potato salad
This lighter potato side is great for warmer weather.
8. Roasted cracked baby potatoes with garlic and rosemary
Crispy potato skins in this recipe are just so delicious!
9. Parsnip, potato and leek gratin
Trying to get the kids to eat more veggies? Try this oven bake filled with winter vegetables.
10. Char-grilled potato salad
This salad has both freshness and that smoky braai flavour that we all love.
11. French-style potato salad
Ditch the mayo and try this lighter potato salad recipe.
12. Potato bake with smoked salmon, crème fraîche and chives
This indulgent oven bake is a great side dish for family meals.
14. Easy stuffed potato skins
Watch this recipe video and you’ll be cooking up a tasty and quick supper in no time.