Father’s Day is fast approaching (Sunday 17 June) and this also means that we’re almost halfway through 2018!
Mother’s Day has always been synonymous with frilly, girly tea parties and lavish brunches. Father’s Day – not so much (generally speaking). Fathers tend to eat a lot more compared to moms and if yours is anything like mine, real comfort food ranks right at the top of their favourites!
For Father’s Day this year we’ve compiled a list of our best warming, comforting breakfasts for you to make for your darling dad.
1. Spicy baked eggs – for a carby, fatty, spice overload!
2. One of our bloggers, Heinstirred, shared this yummy duck fat and egg toastie with us just in time for Father’s Day. It puts a lovely spin on the old faithful “egg in a hole” and the addition of duck fat gives the bread a rich, almost meaty flavour.
3. If your dad loves nachos, these scrambled eggs with chorizo and nachos will have him jumping out of his socks!
4. Does it get more decadent than these bread and butter pudding croquettes with salted caramel sauce and fig and macaroon milkshake?
5. This naan breakfast pizza recipe is an oldie but such a goodie! It’s the epitome of comfort food and (like we’ve mentioned so many times before) who doesn’t love pizza?!
6. How about polenta egg cups? If you’re planning a feast, be sure to add these!
7. If you’re looking to show off your baking skills, wake up a bit earlier and pop this breakfast cheesecake into the oven or even make it the day before.
8. Under normal circumstances you wouldn’t find Chicken à la King on a breakfast menu, but since this one comes encased in savoury parsley pancakes…surely it qualifies?
9. If your dad has had enough of bacon and eggs, this meat-free sweet potato, mushroom and onion breakfast hash is worth the effort.
10. This chorizo and asparagus egg bake is ideal for when you’re pressed for time but still would like to make something special.
11. These beef and goat’s cheese jaffles will earn you some serious brownie points.