We’re always on about comfort food here at Food24. Honestly, without it – I don’t think we’d get through Winter. Give us anything piping hot that’s loaded with bacon and cheese and maybe doused in a rich, creamy sauce. Heaven!
The only problem lies in the fact that come Spring, our jeans cease to fit. They are called muffin tops for a reason! And unfortunately the old saying that “Summer bodies are made in Winter” is probably very true.
So, without further adieu- we bring you 10 Winter-warmer recipes that enable you to happily and confidently slip into that hip-hugging LBD when the weather turns.
1. Chinese beef shortrib stir fry – A bit of Asian spice and zing work wonders for the metabolism.
2. Curried spinach, fennel and coriander soup – this is a tummy-warming winner.
3. Gluten-free butternut lasagne – lose the pasta and use veggies instead.
4. Catalan tomato fish stew – a hearty, wholesome stew with a light tomato base.
5. Bangers and sweet potato mash – sweet potatoes are low GI and so tasty.
6. Tomato, spinach and coriander dahl – lentils are filled with fibre and great at lowering cholesterol.
7. Beef and mushroom cauliflower “risotto” – this is a Banting favourite and one that everyone will love!
8. Roasted butternut “pizza”– instead of dough, this recipe calls for a base of vegetables.
9. Sweet potato wedges – Serve these with a creamy dip or guacamole for maximum results!
10. Beef cottage pie – jazzed up with a creamy cauliflower mash topping.
11. Gourmet chicken noodle soup
ALSO READ: 10 Meals that just taste better when you’re wearing slippers
Leave a Reply