All hail the mason jar!
Gone are the days where these jars were solely used for preserving fruit and vegetables. First we saw the birth of the legendary mason jar salads and now we have numerous other ways in which the jar can be used.
Mason jars have proved to make our lives a little easier and it has given us an opportunity to let our imaginations run wild because the options are almost endless.
1. Did you know that mason jars can be used for baking? Bake mini loaves of bread or a delicious apple pie.
2. Use it to put together a no-bake cheese cake.
3. Glue magnets to the lid and then use it as a magnetic spice holder.
4. Make your favourite cocktail in a mason jar. This is quite handy for the fast-approaching summer days. The next time you’re hosting a party, make a few ahead, store it in your fridge and you’ll have ready-made drinks for your guests when they arrive.
5. Make edible party favours for baby showers, weddings and parties.
6. Mason jars can also be used for soups – store all your dry ingredients in it.
7. Make mason jar cupcakes for your next party! This idea can also be incorporated to make cute center pieces.
8. Store your dry cookie mix in them. Let your creativity run wild and layer it nicely for an appealing look. This is also a great edible gift idea and it is cost effective too!
9. Use it to plant fresh herbs and this design will add life to a boring wall.
10. Reuse your mason jar by using it as a candle holder, you can use it in the kitchen while cooking or burn it on the dinner table.
11. Store your infused water in it.
We’d like to know which foodie related things you use mason jars for! Comment below.
Leave a Reply