10 top things to eat at the beach
Tired of just “a lolly to make you jolly” and a “sucker to make you wakker” when you’re spending a long, hot, tiresome day at the beach? You need that energy to keep your blood sugar levels stable!
Put that cooler box and ice packs to good use. Packing a beach picnic is worth the extra effort.
1. Mini frittatas – High in protein, filling, and tasty.
2. Mini meatballs – More tasty protein.
3. Cumin and lemon biscuits – Delicious, savoury, crunchy bites.
4. Peanut and raisin squares – Something sweet, and not too guilt-laden.
5. Banana pecan muffins – Healthier than the average, store-bought variety.
6. Falafel – A vegetarian treat.
7. Mini soufflé frittata – A gourmet delight.
8. Frozen fruit skewers – Healthy, healthy, healthy!
9. Mini pita burgers – The perfect hand-held snack.
10. Mini spinach and tomato quiches – Vegetarian goodness.
What’s your favourite treat to take to the beach?
Don’t forget the ice water!