10 budget-boosting recipes that’ll see you to payday
These must-try recipes will stretch that dwindling budget a little further!
It’s day 5,000 of Januworry, and as we all wait in anticipation for payday, here are 10 recipes to help get us to the end of the month in one piece.
1. Serve this roasted cauliflower salad with pumpkin and butter bean hummus for a filling, budget-friendly meal.
2. Cheesy Margherita pizza bread is great for using up any leftover bread.
3. DIY fish paste that you can keep in your fridge – it makes the perfect protein-packed snack when enjoyed on freshly buttered toast.
4. Loaded with fresh herbs and mashed potato, these herbed hake polpettes with dill yoghurt and DIY pickles really know how to stretch a thin budget when feeding hungry mouths.
5. Give tuna, the trusty pantry staple, a new lease on life with this one-pan wonder recipe – cheesy sweet potato and tuna bake.
6. Baked feta pasta loaded with creamed spinach, chicken and tomato – the all-in-one budget-friendly family meal.
7. Leftover chicken goes a long way when these crispy cheesy chicken quesadillas are involved.
8. Beans add a boundless amount of affordable bulk to Zola Nene’s boerewors and bean cottage pie.
9. While this bacon and egg hash with skinny fries may be the perfect breakfast item, breakfast for dinner is always an acceptable option when budget-friendly food is involved.
10. Lastly, the ultimate comfort meal that’s both filling and affordable: a saucy Kota to help cushion all the Januworry stress!