Answers to the end of year wine quiz
Check these answers to see how many you got right!
1. Methode Cap Classique or MCC. In Spain it is known as Cava and in France as Crémant (Champagne is only made in the Champagne region, whereas Crémant is made throughout France).
2. Dry, off-dry, semi-sweet, Noble Late Harvest, sparkling.
3. Sauvignon Blanc
4. Mourvedre, Grenache, Viognier, Cinsault.
5. Cape Riesling is actually Crouchen Blanc.
6. No! The flavour comes from the grapes when they are fermented with toasted wooden staves.
7. Pumping the fermenting red wine juice from the bottom of the tank to the top to break up the cap of grapeskins.
8. Sauvignon Blanc
9. Because it has chalky soils – great for Chardonnay and horses alike!
10. France, America, Hungary, Russia, Romania
11. Chenin Blanc and Colombard
12. To get extra flavour from them and also to keep their wines fresher until they are bottled.
13. Pinot Noir
14. Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc.
15. Cape Ruby, Cape Tawny, Cape Vintage.
16. Valpolicella – it’s a region.
18. All of the above
Hope you did well!
Read more on: