Experience a selection of really good tastes with a 7 course meal in a unique and rustic restaurant far from the maddening crowd on the beautiful unspoilt beaches of Amatikulu, located on the North Coast, 110km from Durban, Kwazulu-Natal.
Buffet costs R185 per person
It’s a CASH FREE Zone – CREDIT or DEBIT CARDS ONLY
Open a Tab at the Bar and settle at the end.
Fully Licenced – No B.Y.O
There are Vegetarian and Prawn allergy options
Rules of the Beach
- Shak: Def : ‘VERY RUSTIC’
- They do serve a bunch of prawns but it’s not “eat as much as you can”
- Warning! You will be leaving your comfort zone.
- Booze is their business!
- There is no bring your own; except special wines at R30 corkage.
- Caiparinhias and Tequila are a gift of nature.
- Pay homage and you will be at one with nature.
- The strength and the price of your drinks are dependenton the attitude of the barman!
- This is not just a meal - it’s an ‘experience’ - enjoy a long lazy lunch - wander the dunes and chill on the beach.
- The meals are cooked over an extended period and the style of eating is conducted like a food tasting so slow down and savor the tastes textures and combinations.
- The chefs are pretty laid back (they also carry big knives!) but if you missed out or want a little extra something I’m sure they will oblige.
- Relax, snack and socialize – and wriggle your toes in the sand!
- Whilst they generally close at sunset, if your party gets rocking and is likely to go well into the night, grease the Barman’s palm and its sure they will keep the music and drinks flowing,
- A 10% service charge is customary
Facebook: Prawn Shack
Saturday and Sunday lunch
Starts 11.30 for 12 – finishes about 5 pm although the bar may carry on a bit!!
If you want to stay late, bribe the barman