1. Butter a deep 23 cm loose-bottomed cake tin, then line the bottom of the cake tin with greaseproof paper and butter it again.
2. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric beater until light.
3. Melt the white chocolate and allow to cool. Mix the milk, lemon zest, egg whites and salt. With the mixer running, add the milk mixture, along with the flour, to the creamed butter mixture. Beat for a minute, then beat in the melted chocolate.
4. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the inside edge and turn out onto a cooling rack.
Melt the chocolate and leave to cool. Gently stir in the cream and then beat until smooth. Add the lemon juice. Leave to set in the fridge until a spreadable consistency is reached. Use this mixture to ice the top and sides of the cake.
6. Melt the dark chocolate and allow to cool. Drizzle liberally over the cake to decorate. Refrigerate the cake to allow the icing to set before packaging.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.