1. Grease a loaf tin with butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, honey and salt.
3. In a mixing jug, combine the milk and water so that you have a
4. Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients and mix for a few minutes
until a dough starts to form.
5. Tip the dough onto a clean surface (don?t add any flour to the
surface at this stage) and knead for about 10 minutes or until the
dough is smooth and elastic.
6. Shape the dough into a ball, place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with
a tea towel and leave to rise in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Sprinkle a little flour on a clean work
surface and shape the dough into a ball and then into a loaf shape by
tucking the edges under.
8. Place in the greased loaf tin and leave to rise for 30?60 minutes.
9. Bake the loaf for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool,
but serve with good-quality butter while still warm.