1. Mix the mince, onion, gherkins, spices and egg in a bowl. Knead with your hands to mix thoroughly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Divide the mixture into eight. Press each portion around a kebab stick to form a sausage shape.
3. Place the kebabs in a greased roasting tin, brush with oil and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn the kebabs and cook for a further five to 10 minutes until cooked through. Place under the grill for a few minutes to brown.
4. Heat the ratatouille and serve as a sauce spooned over the kebabs.
5. Rice Cook the rice according to the packet instructions until tender. Drain any excess water and stir in the raisins, almonds, parsley and lemon zest and juice. Season to taste and serve with the kebabs.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.