For the paste:
1. Combine all the ingredients from toughest and driest first to softest and wettest last in a pestle and mortar.
2. Pound together until you have a fine paste. Try to ensure you don’t have any large pieces of the ingredients in the paste.
If time does not allow, you can use a food processor. Just be aware that your paste will not be as fine as when you use a pestle and mortar and therefore it won’t be as fragrant.
For the curry:
1. Add the oil to a wok or deep based pot and add 2 tablespoon of yellow curry paste, stir vigorously until fragrant.
2. Add coconut cream and stir well until oil separates from the paste (rises to the top).
3. Add meat or main raw vegetables and fry for about 1 minute.
4. Add coconut milk, potato, onion, sugar and fish sauce.
5. Stir occasionally until everything is cooked through.Reprinted with permission of Damian Ettish.
The recipe has already been added to your recipe book.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
"It’s outlandishly over the top, but they don’t disappoint when it comes to flavour".
JohannesburgFirst Time PlacementsR15 000 - R18 000 Per Month
RoodepoortPlacement Point (Pty) Ltd (Parkwood Branch)R6 000 Per Month
East RandPlacement Point (Pty) Ltd (Parkwood Branch)R12 500 Per Month
HousesR 3 250 000
HousesR 1 380 000
HousesR 3 800 000