Oven temperature: 230°C.
1. Score the top of the pork loin with a
sharp knife. Rub the flour over the meat
and season with salt and pepper.
2. Put the pork into a roasting pan bone
side down and place in a preheated oven
for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven. Reduce the oven
temperature to 180°C. Mix the maple
syrup and vinegar, and brush over the
pork. Pour the cider into the roasting tin
and return the pork to the oven. Roast for
about 1½ hours (30 minutes per 500g),
basting with syrup every 20 minutes.
4. About 30 minutes before the end of
the roasting time, add the apples, carrots
and sage. Cook until the pork is cooked
through and everything else is tender.
Remove the pork, apple and carrots and
transfer to a serving platter.
5. Skim the fat off the top of the juices in
the roasting pan. Add the sour cream to
the pan and heat until just before boiling.
Serve spooned over the pork.