Oven temperature: 180°C
1. Preheat the oven. Grease an
ovenproof dish with butter.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and
ginger together. Chop the hazelnuts
finely in a food processor and then
add the flour mixture to the hazelnuts.
3. Add 100ml of the butter and
125ml of the sugar and pulse until
4. Melt the remaining 60ml butter in
a saucepan, add the remaining 60ml
sugar and stir until this mixture starts
to caramelise. Remove from the heat
and add the rum.
5. Peel the pears, core them and cut
each one into thick slices. Add the
pear slices to the rum sauce and stir
until thoroughly covered. Arrange the
banana slices in the prepared oven
dish, place the pear slices in-between
and pour the remaining sauce over
the fruit in the dish.
6. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top
of the fruit and bake for 35 minutes
until crisp and golden brown.