Oven temperature:200 °C
1. Use a sharp knife to make two diagonal
cuts into each breast, thigh and leg.
2. Place the chicken, with the breast facing
upwards, in a roasting tin that has been
lined with a piece of foil large enough to
wrap the chicken.
3. Place the lemon juice, ginger, garlic,
chillies, salt, olive oil, curry powder, cumin
and coriander in a food processor or grind
them into a paste using a pestle and
mortar. Rub the paste all over the chicken
and make sure you also rub it into the cuts.
Leave the chicken to stand for half an hour
so that the flavours can develop.
4. Season the chicken with freshly ground
black pepper. Fold the foil over the chicken
to form a parcel and place it in the oven for
5. Open the foil and baste the chicken with
the juices in the roasting tin. Return the
chicken to the oven for another half hour