1. For the roulade:
Heat olive oil and sauté onion.
Add garlic and assorted mushrooms, and cook for
2. Roast red pepper and remove skin and pips.
3. To assemble: Spread mushrooms on a 15cm square
of tin foil. Place raw chicken on top of mushrooms, then
haloumi. Top with roasted red pepper and roll up tightly.
Roast in oven at 180°C for 5-10 minutes.
4. For the crumbed mushrooms: Fry mushrooms
until dry. Allow to cool, then add egg whites. Spoon
mushroom mixture into a 10cm round mould and
leave in fridge to set (about 10 minutes). Coat with
breadcrumbs, then with flour. Deep-fry in hot oil.
5. For the mushroom timbale: Sauté onion and
garlic in a little butter. Finely chop two mushrooms
and add to pan. Once cooked, add Parmesan cheese
to bind mushrooms.
6. Thinly slice the remaining four black mushrooms
and cook. Place the four black mushrooms around
a timbale. Place cooked mushrooms inside the timbale
and sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese.
Place in refrigerator for 10-20 minutes, then assemble
7. Garnish with a vegetable mat made with strips of
baby marrow, parsnip, cucumber, carrots and leeks and
serve with sauce Maltaise (a mixture of tomato sauce,
orange juice and hollandaise sauce).