1. Mix the butter with the basil and the garlic. Use two teaspoons to form the butter into small egg shapes and freeze them for two hours.
2. Sauce Heat the gravy in a saucepan and add the rooibos tea. Simmer the mixture gently for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat.
3. Wrap the kudu loin in rashers of bacon and cut into 2cm medallions. Season the individual medallions well on both sides.
4. Heat 20ml oil in a frying pan until hot, then fry the medallions for three minutes on each side. Remove from the
heat and set aside.
5. Remove the butter from the freezer and roll each piece in flour. Dip into the egg and cover completely with breadcrumbs. Heat the oil for deep- frying in a small saucepan and deep-fry the butter for 20 seconds. Then top the kudu medallions with a piece of butter and serve immediately.
6. To serve, pour some sauce onto the plate and place the medallions topped with the deep-fried butter on the sauce.