1. Heat 50ml olive oil in a frying pan and fry the
onion until soft. Add the pine nuts and half the
garlic. Cook for a further three minutes. Remove
from the heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
2. Add the Parmesan, egg, pork mince, breadcrumbs,
lemon zest, ricotta and parsley to the
onion mixture and stir well to combine. Season
with salt and freshly ground black pepper and
refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the tomato sauce in the meantime. Place
the tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle with
the remaining garlic and the herbs. Drizzle with
25ml olive oil and the white wine. Toss to combine.
Roast in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, until
thick and soft.
4. Roll the mince mixture into small balls, wrap
each one in a piece of bacon and secure with a
toothpick. Place on a greased baking tray and
cook under a hot grill, turning a few times during
the cooking time to brown right round.
5. Transfer the meatballs to the roasting tin with
the tomatoes and return to the oven to heat
through. Serve with pasta and garnish with fresh
rocket and extra Parmesan cheese.