1. In a heavy-based saucepan, bring
water to the boil and cook lamb for about
an hour, until tender. Remove meat from
saucepan and keep warm.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil and
sauté onions, garlic, parsley and spices for
3. Add cooked meat to onion mixture, add
stock and simmer, covered, for about 30
4. Add prunes or olives and season with
salt. Cover and simmer for a further
5. Serve on couscous, garnished with sesame seeds, almonds
and chopped parsley.
1. Gently rub melted butter onto couscous
(this helps separate the grains).
2. Pour hot stock over couscous, stir well
and leave for 10 minutes. Fork through
couscous to separate grains.
3. Place in a steamer or a colander and
steam over a pot of gently cooking meat
or vegetables, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Alternatively, cook in microwave for 5
4. Fork through couscous again to