1. To make the meatballs: Knead the mince with all the ingredients except the flour and oil.
2. Form into equal-sized balls, pressing hard to bind the ingredients. Coat each ball with a little flour.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry meatballs until brown.
Take care to prevent splattering when lowering them into
the hot oil.
4. To make sauce: Heat 2T oil and fry onion, chillies, ginger and garlic. Blend to a paste in a food processor.
5. Heat remaining oil in a heavy pan and stir in the cumin.
Add the onion and chilli paste and fry until golden. Add all remaining spices, sugar, salt and tomato puree, stirring
until well blended.
6. To achieve a creamy consistency, remove from heat, stir in cream and gently slide in the meatballs.
7. Re-heat before serving, adding a little water if required.
Serve garnished with fresh coriander.