1.For the patties, mash together the beans, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic, or process in a food processor.
2. Add the minced meat, chopped onion and celery, breadcrumbs, oat bran, beef stock powder, pepper and egg, and mix lightly to firm consistency.
3. Shape into 8 hamburger patties.
4. Lightly grease a frying pan with 5 ml (1 t) oil, ensuring that the oil is evenly spread all over the pan. Use and egg lifter to spread the hot oil in the pan.
5. Fry the patties for 5 minutes on each side.
6.Serve on unbuttered hamburger rolls with tomato, lettuce and BBQ sauce.
1. Sauté onion, apple and garlic in the oil until transparent.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Serve on the hamburger patties.
Nutritional information per serving: GI low
* Recipe credit: Eating for Sustained Energy 1