1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
and grease a 24cm pie dish.
2. Place the gooseberries in a bowl,
toss with the elderflower cordial
and vodka and leave to marinate
while you make the batter ? or
for an hour if you can.
3. Beat or whisk together the
4. Tip the gooseberries and the
juices into the dish.
5. Pour over the batter and bake for
about 50 minutes or until it is risen
all over and golden.
6. Leave to cool for 10 minutes,
then dust with icing sugar and
serve. (You could drizzle over
a little more cordial and vodka
if you like.)
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.