1. Prepare the tartar sauce:
Mix all the ingredients
and refrigerate until the fish cakes are ready.
2. Flake the fish coarsely. Boil the potatoes in
salted water until done and then drain. Mash
and season with salt and freshly ground black
pepper. Allow the potatoes to cool and then
combine with the flaked fish.
3. Add the onion, parsley, nutmeg and beaten egg
and then shape the fish cakes with your hands.
4. Coat the fish cakes in cake flour and dust off
the excess. Dip the cakes into beaten egg, then
coat them in dry breadcrumbs. Preferably place
the fish cakes in the fridge for 2 hours before
frying them. Alternatively, place them in the
freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Fry the cold fish cakes in hot oil until golden
brown on both sides.
Wine suggestion: An unwooded Sauvignon
Blanc or lightly wooded Chardonnay will
complement this dish, or simply round it off
with a white blend.