1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line two deep, loose-
bottomed, 20cm cake tins.
2. Sift dry ingredients together. Beat eggs, oil and cream
together and mix with dry ingredients.
3. Pour into prepared cake tin. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until
a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
4. Allow the cake to stand for a few minutes before turning out
onto a wire rack covered with clean dishcloth. Cool completely.
5. Cut the cake into three equal layers.
6. For the filling: Combine all the ingredients and beat
7. Spread filling on the first layer, then cover with second
layer and repeat, using third layer. Top with grated chocolate
and decorate with chocolate leaves.
8. To make leaves: Melt brown and white chocolate and
brush onto your favourite shape leaves. Place in refrigerator
until chocolate is set. Carefully remove leaves.