1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the bottom of a
large (22cm), deep ring cake tin.
2. Place melted margarine in a bowl. Sift in dry
ingredients, then add sugar, eggs (one at a time), milk,
water and vanilla essence.
3. Mix well for 3 minutes by hand or 1-1/2 minutes with an
electric mixer at a low speed, until mixture is smooth.
4. Spoon mixture into ring tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or
until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out
clean. Cool slightly in cake tin and turn out onto a rack to
5. For the icing: Cream margarine and icing sugar together
until light and fluffy. Add a little milk if too dry.
6. Spread over cake and decorate with fresh flowers.