1. Place couscous in a large bowl, pour over stock, cover with cling film
for 5 minutes until all liquid has
2. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan, gently cook onion and garlic
until transparent. Set aside.
3. Combine onions, peppers, apricots
and herbs with couscous. Add lemon juice, season and stir in egg.
4. On a large sheet of foil, layer
bacon, slightly overlapping, to form a rectangle.
5. Place chicken breasts between two
sheets of cling film, using the base
of a heavy pan or a rolling pan, bash
the chicken until about 1cm thick.
6. Arrange chicken over bacon so that there are no gaps. Leave a border
on the longer sides.
7. Spoon couscous stuffing over chicken in a strip along one of the longest
sides. Using tin foil to help, roll bacon
and chicken around stuffing to form a log.
8. Wrap tightly in foil, twisting the end to secure, chill for 2 hours or up to 1 day.
9. Heat the oven to 180° C, place the chicken, joined side down, in a
roasting tin, cook for 30 minutes, unwrap foil and brush with remaining butter. Cook uncovered for a further 30 minutes until cooked through.
10. Cool and wrap in fresh foil to transport. Wonderful in sandwiches.