1. Preheat oven to 200 ºC, 15 minutes before baking. Trim away excess fat and skin from chicken, then wash and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Place the chicken, breast side down, in a large pan with the garlic, herbs, onion, cumin, cinnamon stick and seasoning. Pour in the wine and water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour, turning the chicken over halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the nuts for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Stir in apricots, sultanas and lemon juice, then simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes until the juice is absorbed. Leave mixture to cool.
4. Cool the chicken for 10 minutes, then strip away skin and remove meat from bones. Discard skin and bones. Dice the chicken and stir into pine nut mixture. Set aside.
5. Strain stock and reserve for sauce.
6. Melt butter and stir in flour. Remove from heat, then blend in reserved stock. Return to heat and stir until thickened. Stir in cream, coriander and chicken mixture. Season and set aside.
7. Cover the pastry with a clean, damp cloth to prevent it drying out. Brush a 20 cm springform tin with melted butter. Cover base with a sheet of pastry and brush with butter. Add 6 more sheets, brushing each with melted butter and leaving edges hanging over side of tin.
8. Spoon chicken mixture in tin. Fold pastry over and brush with butter. Shred remaining pastry; use to top pie. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from tin. Garnish and serve.