1. Peel the ginger and cut into julienne strips with a sharp knife.
2. Heat a thick layer of sunflower oil in a small saucepan until hot. Deep-fry the ginger for a few seconds until golden, then remove from the pan and drain on absorbent paper.
3. Boil the butternut until almost tender. Add the mangetout and the peas to the saucepan, cover, remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Heat a little sunflower oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the curry paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add the coconut milk and bring the boil. Add the sliced chicken breast fillets and simmer for two minutes, then add the drained vegetables to the pot. Simmer for a further two minutes. Or until the chicken is just cooked. Remove from the heat and add the fish sauce (if you are using it), lemon juice, sugar and the herbs.
5. Place a food ring in the centre of a place. Press cooked basmati rice into the ring, then remove the ring to leave a moulded shape. Carefully spoon the chicken curry onto the rice. Drizzle some sauce and a few vegetables around the rice. Top with the fried ginger and serve immediately.