Fruity Christmas trifle
Who doesn't love the holiday season? And in sunny SA it's all about keeping that balance between beautiful traditional roasts and puddings and also coping with 35 degrees plus heat. But let's face it, it's a fun dilemma to have.
Families and friends get together to feast over Christmas and Boxing Day and then again to toast the beginning of a new year. It's a time for food and drinks to take centre stage!
Here is a list of our top 20 holiday recipes. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Christmas milkshake - from one of our favourite bloggers, Heinstirred, this festive drink de jour.
- Christmas is not Christmas without trifle.Top 10 braai marinades
- because yes, we will be braaing. All. The. Time.Summer berry tiramisu
- everybody's favourite dessert with a Summer twist. Boozy chocolate sticky buns
- they just had to make the list didn't they? 3 ways with roast potatoes
- mix it up this festive season. Pavlova with fresh cream, lemon curd and blue berries
- it tastes as good as it sounds. Roast chicken with cranberry and walnut stuffing
- stuffing is one of the greatest things about festive food.Fabulously festive berry cocktail
- a perfect start to any celebration. The ultimate gin & tonic
- after a long day on the beach! Bliss.Charcuterie platter
- An easy DIY guide to the perfect snack board.Festive prawns on the braai
- make these as the sun is setting with a cocktail in hand. The perfect fillet on the braai
- with any one of these 3 favourite fillet sauces
. Brussels sprouts with chestnuts and bacon
- a yummy side dish from Chef Matt Manning
. Cinnamon and sugar shortbread
- something to nibble on while you read a good book. Boerewors rolls with balsamic mushroom sauce
- jazz up those boerie rolls, your guests will love you for it!Strawberry flapjacks with maple syrup
- for when it's your turn to host the family brunch! Easy smoked mackerel paté
- a festive necessity. Cider-glazed gammon with pineapple chutney
- perfect for Christmas lunch. 3 super-easy salads
- for when you feel you've spent enough time in the kitchen.
We hope this list is helpful as you feed the army of family and friends this holiday season.
- Cathrine Shone