Spice up your festive season feasting with 7 easy-to-make appetisers and starters.
1. Camembert with figs and honey – Creamy, sweet, and savoury this starter has only a 5 minute prep time, but is always a crowd pleaser. While this is heating up on the braai, toast a soft roll of ciabatta right alongside the Camembert.
2. Parma ham, pear and blue cheese wraps – In less than 15 minutes you can craft impressive chic starters bursting with light and summery flavours. Arrange ahead of time and drizzle olive oil over right before serving.
3. Mushroom party caps – In less than a half hour you’ve got finger food filled mushrooms oozing with cheese, topped with buttery pine nuts.
4. Rainbow trout terrine – Layers of beautiful pink elegance that can be spread onto crackers or freshly baked French bread. You can make this dish well ahead of time and top with fennel right before serving.
5. Easy bacon chilli poppers – Wrap bacon around almost anything and it’s probably going to be pretty tasty, add the contrast of spicy jalapenos and stuff them with cheese and it’ll undoubtedly be a Merry Christmas. Make extra.
6. Nectarines wrapped in prosciutto – No cooking involved, these fruity colourful hors d'oeuvre will take just a few minutes to prepare. Ideal for a warm setting with a cocktail in hand.
7. Spicy lamb meatballs – A little something that’s hearty. Serve warm or at room temperature with a creamy dipping sauce.