Ever feel heavy, bloated or just plain 'meh'? Too much rich food can make us feel weighed down and lethargic. But Spring is here - which requires us to wear fewer layers of clothing and still feel good while doing it. After an indulgent Winter hibernating with slow-cooked stews and bottles of red wine, this can often be a challenge.
Here are 7 dishes to ensure you don't shed any tears in front of the change room mirror.
1. Pesto chicken with barley and herb salad - Simple, satisfying and delicious. The barley adds a bit of bulk provides a good source of fibre.
2. Cauliflower gnocchi - a meal that's crammed full of healthy veggies! What more could you want?
3. Lemon, basil and lime chicken skewers
- Whip up a simple leafy salad to go with them.
4. Lentil frikkadels
- Try these an alternative to meat.
5. Parmesan crusted courgette chips
- A snack that can be enjoyed as a meal - just add a seared, juicy chicken breast.
6. Low fat tuna fish cakes
- These are great for the whole family.
7. Roasted zucchini, corn and toasted almonds with smashed avo
- a vegan dish that even meat eaters will love!
- Tessa Purdon